Headwaters Campground and RV Park
Campgrounds in Grand Teton are Now Reservation-Only
Visitors Should Plan Ahead and Book Early as Reservations Will No Longer Be Available on gtlc.com for the 2022 season.
Camping at all campgrounds in Grand Teton National Park and the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway will be available by reservation only.
Reservations for the 2021 season at Headwaters at Flagg Ranch Campground and RV Park can be made on gtlc.com, however reservations for these campgrounds will migrate to Recreation.gov for the 2022 season.
Visitors must create an account on the Recreation.gov website prior to making campground reservations. Those who already have an account are encouraged to confirm their login and password information.
2021 Operating Dates for Tent Sites and Camper Cabins: June 1 – October 1
2021 Operating Dates for RV sites: May 13 – October 15
About Headwaters Campground and RV Park
Located in the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway, directly between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks and just minutes from both, Headwaters Campground offers the perfect basecamp for exploration. Situated in a spectacular wooded setting with rolling hills and Teton mountain views, this campground is the perfect place to unwind and unplug, as there is no cellular or internet service. Commune with nature and spot bear, moose, mule deer, and more as you stroll along nearby Polecat Creek. For avid anglers, the Snake River offers plentiful cutthroat trout, brook trout, and whitefish. While none of Headwater’s campsites are on the river, all are within walking distance.
The campground offers 34 tent sites, 97 full-hookup and pull-through RV sites, and 40 Camper Cabins, and is open from June to October. While Headwaters Campground doesn’t always fill as quickly as some of the other park campgrounds, visitors are still encouraged to plan ahead and book early.
Headwaters campground offers camping for tents, full-hookup camping for RVs, and hard-wall Camper Cabins.
- Each tent site has a gravel parking space for up to two vehicles, and tent pads for up to two tents.
- All RV sites are pull-through with gravel parking space for one RV and one tow vehicle with a maximum total length of 45 feet. Our RV sites offer full-hookups including sewer, water, and 20-, 30-, and 50-amp electric outlets.
- Headwaters Camper Cabins are scattered throughout the campground and include double-double or double-single bunk-style beds. While the bunks are padded, bedding and pillows not included. Guests are encouraged to bring their own linens, however a limited quantity of sleeping bags, pillows and blankets are available on a first-come basis for a nightly fee. Our Camper Cabins do not offer electricity or private restrooms, but do include a lantern.
- All sites, including Camper Cabins, have a picnic table, a fire pit with metal fire grate, access to nearby water spigots, flush toilets, complimentary shower facilities, and coin-operated laundry facilities.
- Tent and RV sites also include bear-proof food storage lockers.
- Propane is available for purchase at the campground office.
- ADA Access with Access Pass: The campsites and roads are well-compacted gravel and mostly level, with a gently sloping incline/decline that may make wheelchair access more challenging. Restroom facilities are wheelchair-accessible with one fully accessible shower. Routes to the amphitheater have a gently sloping incline/decline with compacted gravel, and are somewhat uneven.
- There is no internet or cellular phone service at Headwaters Campground; the closest public wireless internet access is at Jackson Lake Lodge, a 30-minute drive away. Cellular coverage may be available nearby, depending on location and carrier.
- There is a campground host on-site, and a payphone located at the campground office.
- Firewood, food, and ice can be purchased at the convenience store, and camping supplies, souvenirs, and more are available in the gift shop, both located in the main lodge.
- The main lodge also offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Sheffields Restaurant and Saloon.
For online RV reservations please include the size and a short description of your RV in the comments section of the reservation. To speak to our Reservations team, please call 800-443-2311.
- A one night deposit is taken at the time of reservation. See reservation policies for detailed information on change and cancellation policies.
- The maximum stay permitted at Headwaters Campground is 14 nights, and the maximum cumulative stay between all Grand Teton National Park campgrounds is 30 nights.
- Check-in is 2 PM and after. Check-out is 11 AM.
- Maximum guests allowed per tent site is six.
- Tent sites allow for up to two tents and two vehicles. RV sites allow for one RV (tow included) only and do not permit tents. (For reference, 2 motorcycles = 1 vehicle)
- Quiet hours are 10pm - 7am. Generators cannot be used during these hours.
- Camping accommodations are pet-friendly, however, a nightly pet fee applies. Please review Campground & National Park Pet Regulations.
- Wildlife activity is prevalent in the park. Please be familiar with food storage and wildlife safety guideline
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities can apply for an Access Pass through the National Park Service.