Give & Getaway Package
Vacation in Grand Teton National Park and preserve this beautiful environment. Join this service oriented program to receive a rewarding National Park experience. Volunteers work along Grand Teton Lodge Company for a Park Clean Up Day on September 8th. Focused on populated scenic turnouts throughout the Park, spend one morning from 9am to 12pm dedicated to removing micro-trash in these areas to keep the Park in pristine condition. Transportation is provided to each turnout, and the event closes with a picnic lunch.
Park Clean Up Dates:
September 8, 2013 - 20% Off Lodging for Entire Stay
Booking Give & Getaway/Contact us:
- The only way to book the Give & Getaway Package is to call one of our Package Specialists at 800-628-9988. For more information on what Grand Teton Lodge Company offers please visit www.gtlc.com.
Our classic cottage rooms are located just outside of the main lodge building and are surrounded by pine trees and amazing views from the 60 foot picture window located in the Lodge. Each room has a private entrance with either two queen beds or one king bed and a private bath. The classic cottage sleeps a maximum of 5 guests with an optional rollaway bed.
You can dine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Mural Room or Pioneer Grill at Jackson Lake Lodge. You can also dine in the Ranch House or John Colter Cafe located 5 miles north at Colter Bay Village. For more information on each location please visit the dining page on our website at www.gtlc.com/dining/index.aspx.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I book my Give & Getaway Package?
- The only way to book the Give & Getaway Package is to call one of our Package Specialists at 800-628-9988.
What airport do I fly into and out of?
- You will fly in and out of the Jackson Hole, WY Airport (JAC). Please visit our Map/Directions page for more details www.gtlc.com/about-us/map-directions.aspx
What will my accommodations be?
- Parties will stay in Classic Cottage Lodge Room accommodations and may upgrade to a Suite for an additional cost
Where should we meet for the Park Clean Up Day?
- Participants will meet in the lower lobby of Jackson Lake Lodge at 9am to depart to the Clean Up turnouts.
What will Grand Teton Lodge Company provide for the Park Clean Up Day?
- Grand Teton Lodge Company provides bright colored safety vests, gloves, plastic bags and a picnic lunch following the Clean Up.
How will I travel between destinations?
- Grand Teton Lodge Company will provide transportation for the Park Clean Up Day event. For all other transportation you will be responsible for your own travel between destinations.
What will I need to bring to volunteer?
- All participants must be field ready with the following:
- Closed toe shoes
- Sun protection: sun block, hat, sunglasses
- Backpack: for transporting extra layers and water bottle
- Water bottle(s): capacity of at least 2 liters
What is the climate like in Wyoming?
- During the summer months of June through September, temperatures in the day average between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, and can dip down to 30 degrees Fahrenheit at night. In the summer, the weather is generally sunny and clear, with the occasional rain shower/thunderstorm. You should pack rain gear and warm clothing as the weather can change quickly. For current weather conditions please visit www.gtlc.com/weather-report.aspx.
How Strenuous are the activities?
- While this vacation is not intended to be strenuous, you may be at altitudes of between 6,000 and 10,000 feet. Individuals adapt to higher elevations in different ways regardless of physical condition. Walking and hiking will sometimes be on a surface of packed dirt with occasional loose stones and exposed tree roots. Guests should feel comfortable spending time exploring the outdoors. As with any physical activity we encourage you to consult with your Physician prior to participation.
What is the age range for children?
- The age range for children is 6-11 years.
Are tips included?
- No tips are not included in the pricing listed above. If you would like to tip your guide we suggest the following discretionary gratuity: $5.00 to $10.00 per guest, per guide, per day. If you would like to tip your server we suggest the following discretionary gratuity: 18% - 20% per meal.
DiningJackson Lake Lodge
Colter Bay Village
Jenny Lake Lodge
Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis
Preserve • Protect • Inspire